Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Next Treasure



 So, after a year-plus of blogging about orphans, it’s our turn to start our very own Adoption Blog!

A little background… we are the parents of two beautiful daughters- our youngest came home from Ukraine in 2001, when she was 4 years old.  For about ten years, I gave adoption just a passing thought, and then I started to feel nostalgic.  Not too long after the nostalgia, the desire to adopt again hit me! My husband didn't think we were meant to do it again, so I prayed and waited and advocated and, occasionally, dreamed.

Fast-forward a year. Just before Mother’s Day, I was powerfully hit by the desire to adopt… it seemed so real and exciting. I actually felt tingly. I didn't get a chance to talk to husband that night, but when I did, with a casual “although I know you're not interested kind of remark", he said, “Oh, I wouldn't be so sure of that.”

Turns out, he, too, was feeling the call, seeing the signs; however you word it, it was real and it was powerful for him, too.

So, mid-May we began this journey. We’re going to Russia this time.  

Welcome! We’re honored to have you share in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment